Thursday, October 16, 2014

NETT Runners Charging Through North Shore Trail Series

Just a quick update from the NETT news room on the North Shore Trail Series scoring, as we head into the end of the fall.

NETT's Bob Segal has a firm grasp on the 60+ age category, while Chris is in second in the 40-49 category and his better half Alison is in third in her category.

In September, these three ran the the ECTA 10 miler Run for the Hills (Hamilton, MA), and Bob won his age group, saying "I ran a PR on the course this time."

Chris was 4th in masters and 6th overall while his better half Allison was 5th open female and 33rd overall, just a few seconds behind Bob, as you will see in the photo.

Earlier in the summer, things didn't go quite as smoothly at the Watuppa 5 Miler. Here's Bob's report: "I, along with about a dozen others, was one of the ones who made the wrong turn at the 4-mile mark and ran an extra 2.75 miles.I never used to be superstitious, but on the way to the race, a black cat crossed the road in front of me. I remember chuckling to myself wondering if anything bad would happen ... "

To track their progress, check out the series scoring here.

No comments: